Glavni trg 1
Glavni trg 8
It is a compact village under Planina, in the middle of which, next to the central square, stands the parish church and Lanthieri Mansion. Sources mention Slap for the first time in 1215. Around 1220, there was a command of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta with a hospice there, on whose foundations the church and the mansion are said to have been built.
Lanthieri Mansion - the building complex stands next to the parish church and the central square at the top of the village. According to legend, a hospice of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta stood at this location in the Middle Ages, as allegedly evidenced by the consecrated crosses built on the outside of the neighbouring church. The land estate was probably developed from a manor house under the Zwegkhenburg family in the last quarter of the 17th century and soon after 1691 it became the property of the Flachenfeld family. The estate constantly changed hands, and in 1873 it came into the possession of the Counts of Lanthieri from Vipava; in 1873 they donated it for a winemaking and fruit growing school. A plaque above the entrance bears the following inscription: "Noble Mr Karel Lanthieri donates this mansion and the associated land free of charge to the province of Carniola for a winemaking and fruit growing school. On 18 September 1873, the school opened, and on 30 September 1886, after thirteen years of fruitful activity, it was closed and relocated to Lower Carniola". After the school closed, the mansion again became ownership of the Lanthieris, but was sold before the Second World War.
The residential building was probably commissioned by Janez Andrej Baron Flachenfeld (1673-1720); his son Krištof Lovrenc went down in history as an art patron of Florjančič, Metzinger and Jelovšek.