This oriented church, which locals also call Saint Roch, stands in the remote village of Podbrje, close to Roženek Mansion, not far from Podnanos in the direction of south-west. It is a late Gothic church. Its presbytery was vaulted in 1502, and in 1503 it was consecrated by the vicar general of Aquileia, Bishop Hieronymus de Francis. In the 17th century the church was reconstructed in the early Baroque style. In 1642, Bishop Mihael Kumar Kumberg consecrated the altar of the Most Holy Body. There are three golden-type altars in the church, with the pillar-type marble high altar of Saints Cosmas and Damian being the latest one. There is a framed Latin inscription in its predella which, in addition to the year of construction of the altar (1657), also mentions the author's name: Angelo Sperandi. Angelic heads, putti and detailed ornaments of Mannerist origin cover the high-Baroque structure. In the throne stand the statues of Saints Cosmas and Damian, with God the Father floating above them.
Spletna stran za nemoteno delovanje uporablja piškotke
Spletna stran za delovanje uporablja samo nujno potrebne piškotke, za katere ne potrebujemo vaše privolitve. Brez namestitve teh piškotkov, vam nemotenega dostopa do spletne strani ne moremo omogočiti.
Za več informacij si preberite Pravilnik o piškotkih.