It stands in the hamlet of Podbrje, south-west of Podnanos, on a terrace above the road leading from Podnanos to Podraga.
According to Valvasor, the Roženek building complex was built by Janez Anton Rossetti (who died in 1670), the founder of the Notranjska and Gorizia branches of this family from Bergamo.
During the Second World War, the residential building burned down, after which it was only partially restored. The image of the buildings preserved on Valvasor's print differs slightly from that of today, as the complex has undergone several alterations.
The buildings are arranged around the inner courtyard. The northern wing features a residential building that once had two entrances: one faced the nearby church of Saints Cosmas and Damian, and the other faced the lawn in front of the building. The inner courtyard has a preserved series of five arcades on the eastern side on the ground floor, while the arcades on the ground floor and first floor of the northern residential building have been demolished.
It stands east of the filial church of Saints Cosmas and Damian in Podbrje, on a terrace above the road leading from Podnanos to Podraga. Part of the Roženek estate, which was taken over by the Garzarolli family in the second half of the 18th century, was divided into two parts after the death of Filip Jakob Garzarolli in 1760: the first belonged to Ana Marija Garzarolli and the second to Franc Andrej Šivic (Schiwizhoffen), a postmaster in Vipava. In 1784, this family also bought the other, Garzarolli's part of Roženek Mansion, and it remained in its possession, with minor interruptions, until the beginning of the 20th century. As Roženek served to the Šivics mainly as a complex of farm buildings, its current appearance is reminiscent of a large farm, while a new residential building was built in the immediate vicinity at the end of the 18th century.
What has been preserved from the former extensive building complex is only a part of the four-wing residential building with a small inner courtyard, which has an arcade on the western side on the ground floor. The façades have upright rectangular windows with stone frames, a stone cantilevered cornice in the attic that supports a slate roof, and accentuated quoins. The main axis of the five-axis eastern, main façade is accentuated by a rustic stone portal and a balcony with wrought-iron railing above it.
This small mansion at the eastern end of the village of Podnanos stands along the road leading to Orehovica. The mansion is said to have served as a manor house of the Bistra Carthusian Monastery as early as the 15th century. After the monastery was dissolved in 1782, it became a hunting lodge of the noble family Porcia of Senožeče. Around 1880, the mansion was owned by the Tavčar family, and at the beginning of the 20th century by the Zajec family, after whom it is named; they turned the building into an inn and added a kitchen to the south side for this purpose. The road to Orehovica split the courtyard in two and the commercial buildings and the garden remained on the other side. On the north side there is a walled courtyard - leading to the courtyard from the western side is an arched rustic stone portal with a keystone with the engraved year 1718.