It was built in 1861 under the dean of Vipava Jurij Grabrijan. The monumental two-storey building with a five-axis façade has the rustically decorated ground floor and storeys separated by a collar and decorated by four Tuscan pilasters of the colossal order. There is a profiled stone portal with entablature supported by a pair of volute corbels in the main axis; in 2003, a glass plate with the inscription VERI IN OMIKI, the Vipava coat of arms and the year 1861 was attached to the lintel to replace the inscription carved during fascism. Memorial plaques are built in at the entrance: the left one is dedicated to Štefan Kocijančič (1818-1883), a priest and linguist, and the right one to Jurij Grabrian (1800-1882). Both plaques were installed in 1885. They were removed after the First World War and installed again in 1968. There is a bell gable for the school bell above the façade, in the portal axis.
Spletna stran za nemoteno delovanje uporablja piškotke
Spletna stran za delovanje uporablja samo nujno potrebne piškotke, za katere ne potrebujemo vaše privolitve. Brez namestitve teh piškotkov, vam nemotenega dostopa do spletne strani ne moremo omogočiti.
Za več informacij si preberite Politika piškotkov.