The church stands in the middle of the village, surrounded by a wall and clustered houses. It is first mentioned 1376. The original church was consecrated by Martin, the Bishop of Pićen, while the present-day church was built after a fire in the 17th century. The only remains of its medieval predecessor are the reliefs on the exterior of the presbytery. It features an Aquileian-type bell tower that gradually narrows towards the top. The nave vault and the presbytery are painted with frescoes by Janez Mihael Lichtenreit. The high altar of St. Andrew and both side altars - all made of reddish and white marble - are very similar in structure: tables are decorated with white marble cartouches with a relief image in the middle, and have detailed pillar extensions, while the attic with interrupted segmented gable is decorated with statues of putti. All three altars are attributed to the Lazzarini stonemasonry workshop from Gorizia, and were probably built around 1730.
Spletna stran za nemoteno delovanje uporablja piškotke
Spletna stran za delovanje uporablja samo nujno potrebne piškotke, za katere ne potrebujemo vaše privolitve. Brez namestitve teh piškotkov, vam nemotenega dostopa do spletne strani ne moremo omogočiti.
Za več informacij si preberite Pravilnik o piškotkih.